12.5.09

my essay, i hope you like it, give me FEEDBACK

I’m Chelsea. I am a child of God and a daughter. I am a sister, a niece, a cousin, a friend, and an associate. I am a nonconformist I am a writer, I am a believer, I am free. Above all things I am me. My intentions are always good, I am trying my best to walk in love. If (and when) I fall short please help me up, and try to understand that no one walking earths surface is perfect.
I’ve had to learn the hard way that the truth hurts and so does yesterday but all that matters is I made it through. This isn’t a pity party; I don’t ask for sympathy, I’m just trying to let you know who I am.
Born and raised in Los Angeles, where either you’re in or out no in between or double standards. Living in la can get hard constantly being judged for what you don’t have. I grew up in what some people classify as “the hood” but its home to me. I can’t say anything bad about where I’m from like some people. No sad stories I’m a product of my environment I overcame the adversity and turned it into prosperity. Everything I’m not has made me everything I am. That’s been my motto and I’m sticking to it. People love to tell me what I can’t do but I prove them wrong with my actions, because it’s not what you’re called it’s what you answer to.
Westchester High School is where I’ve been for the past 3 years and since I’ve been here, its been rough I’ve struggled so much trying to figure out who I am. Now I’m content with myself and I’m happily living my life! Of course being in high school theirs temptation to do just about everything. Sex, drugs, and anything in between. That’s one way I’m different. Since high school began I haven’t forgotten my morals. I so often see a lot of people who’ve in the mist of parties drinking etc. lose themselves unknowingly. It’s hard to come in high school and leave out with the same mentality. You go through so many changes being a student ups and downs in and out’s, it’s like a non-stop roller coaster ride.
I try not to lie about myself to often, even though at times I fall short. I at times try to pretend that nothing ever bothers me, when in reality that isn’t at all the truth. They say sticks and stones can break your bones but words should never hurt you, I beg to differ. Words hurt; they burn and stick with you forever. So if I had to say I lie about any aspect in my life it would be that, words can and have hurt me no matter how much I say they don’t.
I’ve had a blessed life up until now and I often wonder what lies ahead of me after high school. I have my own fairy tale on what I’d like my life to be, all the success, money, cars, but this isn’t a fairy tale it’s the real deal, life after high school the unknown. I’m afraid but hopeful of what my future might hold.
Who I am is a young African American adolescent who is curious about what’s yet to be uncovered. A girl who acts on the string she’s placed with, all I can do is hope you like what I play. My past is gone, my now’s are passing with the second and the rest is still unwritten.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Damn..... That's the first time in a long time I actually read an essay thoroughly... And I'm a writer myself! I give that piece a 10. It's amazing. It sounds like something that could be made into a soulful song, spoke word piece, or autobiographical poem. It was great... Me and you are in many ways the same. I went into high school and have changed a little but only for the positive... I should write something like that. LMAO!

chelsea said...

thanks so much ! :)

nived reklaw said...

i love it chels=)