24.2.09

yo wassup ma N****

so lately i realized i'm cutting that N word out my vocabulary forever & when i stopped saying i realized how much i hear it in a day, it's crazy because every single time i hear the word i say excuse me but you shouldnt say that word it's ver derogotory to black people & it bemines and belittles us a a people whether you realize it or not, and the reaction i get is truly sad.
its either oh so you don't want me to say that word ma N***@ , or i dont need a history lesson, get your uppidity ass away from me, or the most recent & most shocking... "my people broke their backs, and slaved for over 800 years i am entitled to say it" WOW. Honestly ignorance is insitled in so many of us that we dont even recognize it. Seriously how am i uppidty because i chose to cancel a word that brings us down out my vocabulary. And to the dumbass that said he's entitled to say it you mos def need to revaluate everything that you've learned and the people who taught it to you, yes are ancestors slaved and broke there backs only for US to respect one another and the black race as a whole since back then we didnt get that. Why continue using a word that people use to use to hurt us . but hey i guess we all know the history all i'm saying is it starts with one so pass it on , and you'll be suprised
signed,
deeply rooted

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I feel the exact same way. Since I moved to Orange County, I don't say the N word but there are tons of people that continue to use it. It's sad that other races have begun to use the word also because of what our people have done with it. Great post!